Biography for Paul Borrelli:
• I am a retired teacher of 33 years (from 1975 to 2008). I taught business, information technology, entrepreneurship, and culinary arts. With my many years of experience as a restaurateur I was able to successfully introduce the first culinary program at Saint Joseph’s High School in 1992 and then again at Assumption College School in 1999. I also introduced and lead an interactive computer based entrepreneurship curriculum at Holy Names High School during my last four years of teaching. I will use my initiative and trusted leadership skills to serve Ward 10 constituents and our Great City!
• I hold an MBA in marketing and finance, and two bachelor degrees from the University of Windsor. I am a Strong Advocate for Education!
• I am married to my wonderful wife Kathryn since 1984, who is a registered nurse now working with Community Living Windsor. We are still living in South Windsor since 1991, as we have also lived on Mark Street near Totten, and Sierra Drive near Labelle. I have also owned businesses and property in the downtown district. I Know WARD 10 and the key South Windsor and many Municipal Issues!
• From 1984 to 2004 I have been an active entrepreneur as the CEO of the BOREMIC GROUP. The Group was involved with several venues namely: Elliott’s on The Avenue Restaurant, Louie Linguini’s Ristorante, KWIK Mart, Down Town Parking (from 1984 – 1992); Jokers and O Night Clubs from 1992 to 2004. With these venues we provided employment for 50 to 60 young students (average) for two decades. I have been a local job creator all my business life and as a City Councillor, I will have excellent teamwork with businesses, Council, and the new Mayor, to improve employment opportunities for Windsor!
• From 1991 to 1993 I formed the 20/20 Partnership working with a variety of North American investors for a very successful Mall development. I have the skills and business outreach ability to help attract outside business investment into Windsor!
• From 1992 to the present, I have been active as CEO and part owner of Boremic’s Little River Development Inc. The company has built 20 residential homes and is now seeking to complete the final phase of low rise multi-unit residences. I understand the importance of maintaining and developing quality neighbourhoods, for the best quality of life for all Windsorites!
• Some of my local Organization/Association involvements/achievements have included:
2nd V.P. Ontario Catholic Teachers Association (local Unit)
President of the City Centre Entertainment Association
City of Windsor Smoking By-Law Committee
Helped draft a downtown code of conduct
Public relations representative for two local high schools
Volunteer Chef (and multiple awards winner) at the Big Sisters Annual Battle of the Hors d’oeuvres from 1985 to 2008
Won 2 silver and 1 bronze metals at The International Wine Competition
• I am an active volunteer for Community Living Windsor
• Presently, I was elected as the CFO for CPC EDA of Windsor West. (For one year term, which I would not continue once elected City Councillor)